OLAF’s results in figures
Between 2010-2021, OLAF:
- Concluded over 2400 investigations
- Recommended the recovery of over €8 billion to the EU budget
- Issued over 3200 recommendations for judicial, financial, disciplinary and administrative action to be taken by the competent authorities of the Member States and the EU
As a result of OLAF’s investigative work, sums unduly spent were gradually returned to the EU budget, criminals faced prosecution before national courts and better anti-fraud safeguards were put in place throughout Europe.
What is OLAF's caseload?
Workload in 2021:
- OLAF concluded 212 investigations, issuing 297 recommendations to the relevant national and EU authorities.
- OLAF recommended the recovery of €527.4 million to the EU budget.
- OLAF opened 234 new investigations, following 1100 preliminary analyses carried out by OLAF experts.
How much does OLAF cost EU taxpayers?
- OLAF's budget for 2021 was €61 million