Summary: The European Commission, together with 26 participating Member States of the European Union , and JT International (JTI) signed a multi-year agreement that includes an efficient system to fight against future cigarette smuggling and counterfeiting. Through the Agreement, JTI will work with the European Commission, its anti-fraud office OLAF, and law enforcement authorities of the Member States to help in the fight against contraband, including the problem of counterfeit cigarettes. The Agreement includes substantial payments by JTI, which total USD 400 million over fifteen years.
Japan Tobacco International (JTI) Cooperation Agreement
- Annex 1 – International Japan Tobacco Trademarks
- Annex 2 – Japan Tobacco Trademarks
- Annex 3 – Know Your Customer and Contractor Programmes
- Annex 4 – List of Arbitrators
- Annex 5 – Escrow Notice
- Annex 1: Notices and/or Stipulations of Discontinuance
- Schedule 1: List of Gallaher Trademarks
- JT International S.A. and JT International Holding BV
- Japan Tobacco Inc.
- European Community
- Member States